Breakfast is my ultimate meal of the day and I’m a scary walking zombie without it! I’m a sucker for eggs and I think we must go through two cartons a week. I’ve thought about buying chickens because in the end it would be more economical with the amount of eggs we consume but let’s be honest here — I also like to roast chickens. In the end I would just end up empty handed and back at the market.
Besides breakfast tacos, frittatas, and English muffins with a runny egg, vegetable scrambles are my absolute favorite in the morning. Mia, the resident four-year-old, is not a fan of this one but loves a good tomato and ham scramble. So, this breakfast is all to myself (and The Husband if her ever comes back from his run) and I couldn’t be happier.
Simple and quick, this delicious scramble with crisp potatoes, fresh spinach, and bright tangy feta, is the perfect way to start the day. Have a good one!
Simple and quick, this delicious scramble with crisp potatoes, fresh spinach, and bright tangy feta, is the perfect way to start the day.
- 1 medium yukon gold potato
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Quick tip to faster cooking breakfast potatoes: Wrap the potato in a wet paper towel and place in the microwave. Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Carefully remove the paper towel. With a knife, slice the potato in 1/2? cubes.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Place the potatoes in the skillet and sauté until lightly golden and can be easily pierced with a fork, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, crack 4 eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork until combined.
- Once the potatoes are golden turn the heat to medium-low. Add the eggs and stir continuously until the eggs have stiffened but are still wet, about 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir until the eggs are set and the spinach is wilted, about 1 more minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and add feta, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.