It’s go time guys! I’ve just got back into town and have been trying to catch up on deadlines when I realized that Turkey Day is tomorrow! TOMORROW — and I have yet to cook one thing! From the second I get done typing it’s going to be crazier than a holiday at the Griswold house around here. So, if you find me passed out on the kitchen floor, you will know why. Just put a glass of wine in my hand and keep on walking.
I realize there might be some of you last minute cooks – just like me – out there. Here’s a quick to assemble and delicious side dish for the holidays or any day of the year. Simple roasted potatoes can be a show stopper without any effort!
Crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, and coated with delicious flavor, these Rosemary Roasted New Potatoes are a perfect side for any meal.
From my kitchen to yours, have fun cooking and have a great holiday! Cheers!
- 1 pound small new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oilve oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Flaked sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- With a knife, slice the potatoes in half.
- Combine potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and toss to coat. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet. Place in oven and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring once halfway through roasting, until the potatoes are fork tender and golden.
- Sprinkle with a pinch or two of flaked sea salt, if desired, and serve.
by Meredith Steele
Recipe can be easily doubled.