Roasting the strawberries in this parfait recipe brings out their natural amazing flavor and creates a luxurious syrup while still maintaining a firm texture. This is a natural snack at it’s best — perfect for young and old alike.
These Roasted Strawberry Parfaits were gone in seconds. I had kids and adults with yogurt covered faces and big eyes saying, “more!” Quick, simple, and beyond good.
- 2 cups fresh organic strawberries, quartered
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup granola
- mint for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries and sugar. Pour the strawberries on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast for 12 to 15 minutes until the strawberries start to release their juices but are still firm. Carefully pour the roasted strawberries and their juice into a bowl and set aside.
- Mix yogurt and honey in a medium bowl and stir until combined. Assembe In 8 ounce glasses or parfait cups, assemble the parfaits by adding a layer of yogurt to the bottom of the glass. Next add a few spoonfuls of the strawberries on top of the yogurt and then add a spoonful of granola on top of the strawberries. Repeat layers until serving glasses are full. Top the parfaits with a spoonful of strawberries and a sprinkle of granola. Place a sprig of mint for garnish, optional.
by Meredith Steele
This recipe was originally written for then adapted fromDisney’s Spoonful.com.