Posted by Meredith Steelehttps://steelehousekitchen.com/cinnamon-carrot-chips-with-honey-yogurt-dip
© 2014 Steele House Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Cinnamon Carrot Chips with Honey Yogurt Dip
Sweet and crispy carrot chips spiced with cinnamon and ginger and served with honeyed yogurt is not only a healthy and fun treat, but a deliciously additive one as well.
large carrots, preferably organic
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground ginger
Cooking oil spray
cup plain or plain greek yogurt
tablespoon pure honey
- Arrange the oven racks in thirds. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash, scrub, and dry carrots. With a vegetable peeler, peel the carrots entirely into strips. Place the carrot strips into a bowl and toss with cinnamon and ginger.
- Being careful not to overlap, lay carrot strips on two baking sheets that have been lightly sprayed with cooking oil spray. Place in the oven on the top and bottom racks and bake for 10 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. Turn the oven off and crack the door. Allow to sit in the oven for 8 minutes. Keep an eye on it while the carrots are in the oven as oven temperatures vary and some ovens are hotter than others. Remove from the oven if they begin to brown. Carefully, transfer the carrots to a cooling rack or plate and allow to cool. The chips will crisp while they cool.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt and honey; stir.
- Once the chips have crisped up, serve the carrot chips with the dip and snack away.